GENERAL ATTENDANCE INFORMATION
PLEASE COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO MAKE YOUR VISIT AS COMFORTABLE AND SAFE AS POSSIBLE:
- Before attending a game, carry out your own personal risk assessment, taking into consideration your age, health status and clinical vulnerability.
- Face coverings are not legally necessary but the government “recommends” that people wear face coverings in enclosed or private spaces, but this will be a personal judgement
- We do not currently required Covid passports or negative lateral flow tests for entry to the arena
- Travel light and please comply with bag searches as necessary
- Maintain good hand hygiene – use the sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching your face, or handles, railings etc, whenever possible
- Please don’t bring food, drink or prohibited items into the rink
- Be considerate of others so that everyone can enjoy the game
- Take your time moving around the rink and maintain space
Talk to a steward if you have any issues or concerns
DO NOT ATTEND…
- if you are developing symptoms or feel unwell
- if you are in quarantine or self-isolating or you have been told to self-isolate via a government notification e.g. app ping, letter, track and trace call – you may not attend until the period of self-isolation has been completed
- if you have recently been in contact (15mins close contact or more) with anyone who has developed symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19
- If you have had a Covid-19 test and are awaiting the results
- If you have had a positive Covid-19 test within the last 10 days
- If you are unable to provide any required proof of vaccination, negative test results or show a Covid passport only if these are required by the government, the local authority, Planet Ice or Milton Keynes Ice Hockey Club Limited (currently not required)
ENTERING AND EXITING THE RINK
- Access for all general admission spectators will be via the main front door. Spectators will be directed into lanes according to their ticket type. Season tickets will be in a bar-coded credit card format that will be scanned as they enter the building. Pre-purchased tickets will be emailed to spectators and scanned on arrival.
- Spectators will be encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to reduce congestion in the front of house area. Please see here for details on how to purchase in advance. Spectators purchasing on the night will be directed to the front desk and then their printed ticket scanned on entry to the rink. Please note Planet Ice now operates as cashless.
- Spectators wishing to leave the building and then return will be given a stamp on the back of their hands.
Doors will open at 18:00 (for a 19:00 face off) to enable any vulnerable or concerned spectators (who are noted on an agreed pre-entry list) to enter the venue earlier than usual, when there is more space. General admission will be from 18:00.
ONE WAY SYSTEMS
- It is not possible to implement and maintain a one-way system at Planet Ice MK. All attending are requested to maintain space where possible.
- There will be clear signage for ticketing lanes and entry points.
FOOD & DRINK IN THE RINK
- Food and beverage concessions will be operational at Planet Ice MK and will operate queuing systems as needed. Some concessions that are located in pinch points may not be operational.
- The intention is to minimise the need for spectators to leave their seats and move around the rink.
- We will operate a 15min period break to give more time for people to move around the rink and less pressure to rush back to seats.
CHUCK A DUCK
- Before the first game, all ducks are sanitised
- At the game – public are asked to put the exact change into a bucket carried by a member of the chuck-a-duck team.
- One of the chuck-a-duck team who will be in gloves will hand the person a duck
- Chuck-a-duck can only be thrown from around the rink over the plexi, members of the public are not permitted in the players benches
- Chuck-a-duck team will then sanitise the ducks before next use
SHIRT OFF THE BACK
- Where this is on sale, the prize will not be awarded on this night. It will be washed and provided to the winner as soon as possible after the game (or presented at the next game)
BENCH WITH THE LIGHTNING, PLAYER SIGNINGS, PHOTOGRAPHS & SUPPORTERS CLUB STAND
- We will continue to offer Bench with the Lightning experiences and will require hosts and guests to wear facemasks throughout. The home bench will be wiped down after warm up.
- Player signings will happen at the end of the game in the Papa Johns corner of the rink. Both players and spectators to wear face masks and players to use their own pen.
- Photographs with players will be done without facemasks but at arms length, e.g. jersey between player and fan
The Supporters Club will operate with cash and card. It is requested that customers do not try on clothing items but this is not prohibited.